All I know is...

2.20.2008

Sports and More Sports...and 100th post!

I got to meet a couple of my local sports associated heroes last night. I took Beth over to the driver’s license renewal office on Regency Road after work so she could get a new license made. On the way over there, I was listening to The Sports Huddle, a local call in radio show, on ESPN Radio 1300 AM WLXG. I heard they were broadcasting from The Ketch at the corner of Regency and Southland. I always wanted to try the restaurant out. I offered and Beth accepted the challenge.

As soon as we rolled in, I could see Chris Cross and Mike Cameron at the other end of the restaurant doing their show. Cool beans. When their show was over, I had the chance to go over and talk to them. It was pretty neat. Sometimes, Cross can be a jerk on air, but he was really nice in person. Cameron (a horse trainer) and I talked about his horses. Pretty cool. They both remembered me from when I had called in the show. Neat, huh?

So…what happened to Dusty Mills? Yeah, the little blonde elf that sat on the end of Kentucky’s bench. Kicked off the team? For laughing during the famous Ramel Bradley flop at Georgia? What about Morakinyo Williams and Dwight Perry? They were yukking it up as well. They were busted on Raycom sports coverage of the game. I was sitting at Chili’s in Charleston Town Center, W.Va. and I saw it. You saw it. Why was he the only one in trouble?

Mills said Gillispie called him into the assistants’ office in front of the entire team and told him he was through. Mills said he wasn’t even given a chance to explain himself. Gillispie told him he could tell the press whatever he wanted because he didn’t care. The alleged coach also told him he could transfer to some small (named) college and tell them about it because he didn’t want to hear it and he was sick of Mills. Apparently after that, Gillispie gave him a cussing.

Now, I don’t know if this account is entirely true. This is only one side of the situation that has been told. But, I bet we will never hear the other side of the story. I’m not sure I like this. It just doesn’t sit right. Mills was earning status as a crowd favorite. If UK had been winning games by more than 5 points or less, I am sure at the 45 second mark, the student section would probably been chanting to sub in Mills. Instead they have been biting their nails.

For all you Tubby fans out there, when UK got thrashed by Vandy, Minnesota got beat by 24 points at home by a 11-15 Illinois. Feel better? I don’t feel better either. Still sucks.

This will make you feel better. Check out my niece, Paige trying to get used to being vertical. See you later.
And here is my oldest niece Emma helping Aunt Beth get older.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Congratulations on the 100 post mark. I've never counted mine. Is there an easy way to do that?

    That story about Mills makes Biggy G look like a turd burglar. Have you heard anything else about it?

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 2/22/2008 9:27 AM  

  • His high school coach said he was "squirelly" and would talk back jokingly. I think Billy G is in the mold of Bobby Knight. He wants to be the boss and wants everyone else to know he's the boss.

    By Blogger Torok, at 2/22/2008 4:38 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 2/24/2008 12:54 AM  

  • Get your fill of BCG while you can. He still hasn't signed a contract. Plus, he still starts Mark Coury. No other coach in D-I would start Coury. Puh-leaze!

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 2/24/2008 1:02 AM  

  • Could be worse, Sampson could have been the coach...

    By Blogger Torok, at 2/24/2008 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home