All I know is...

7.11.2005

Legends, Barley-Hole, and Hitchery

What's cracking this week? An extremely slow week at work was rewarded Friday night with a trip to Applebees park with Beth, brother Joel, and a couple of friends and co-workers. I thought the Legends were to be routed early by the Lakewood Blueclaws after an early 8-runs-in-two-innings tear. But, the game went 13 innings. Sorry, I only stayed until the bottom of the eighth. You see, I recently acquired a set of Cornhole boards from a friend at work. And, if you aren't familiar to the game "Cornhole", it is more or less a glorified bean bag game infused with the red-neck chic game of Horse shoes, with the occasional tendencies to turn up a Miller High Life Light brew(my new favorite beer). I guess the game originated in the Cincinnati area, so it was only a matter of time before it made it to the Bluegrass.

Anyhoo, we left the game early to run by Krogers to grab supplies to create makeshift Cornhole bags. Once there, we decided on sandwich baggies for the bag part. The stuffing of the bags was changed from dried pinto beans, to black-eyed peas, to finally dried barley--an excellent substitute if you can't find cornfeed. Since barley was the filler, the name was changed to "Barley-Hole". Can't argue with that! My skills were lacking, Friday night being only the second time to ever play the game. But, it was fun nonetheless.

I actually attended another wedding this weekend of a co-worker. It was a really nice outdoors wedding. I thought it would be absolutely too hot for the suit. However, cool heads always prevail. Well, thinking of cold things helped me make it through the ceremony without breaking the sweat. Mind over matter, people. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter! I think that this will probably be the last wedding I attend before I go to my own, hopefully.

Anyone watching the MLB All Star game tomorrow night? Yeah, me neither!

Have a great week and make sure to check out my link to the 1980's song lyrics quiz. I scored a 95.5. Beat that, Chee-say!

1 Comments:

  • I took the quiz, but fail to remember what my score was. It was in the 90s somewhere. I usually golf in the 70s... if it gets any colder than that, I quit!

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 7/13/2005 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home