All I know is...

3.26.2008

Old and New

Peace. C-ya. Via con Dios. Later. Ciao. Aloha.





No more Mazda3. Peanut, as Beth affectionately referred to it, is no longer with us. It was an awesome car to own. It was great on gas and it had a great sporty Euro look. It was my first new car purchase. And one decision that I never regretted. Long may you run, Peanut. Long may you run.



As for the vehicle that replaces Peanut, I chose the vehicle that I ashamedly have coveted for the past two years. Beth asked me today what I thought about my new vehicle. I explained it to her like this. Imagine if you could have any vehicle that you wanted, the very vehicle that you pass and you stare at long after it has disappeared on the horizon. The vehicle that you drive to Heaven in after you pass from this world. That is what I feel like I have purchased. The pics are for you, Dennis. Behold...










The 2008 Chevy Avalanche, LT2, four wheel drive, remote starter, cashmere leather, sittin' on twins, yo. Yes, this is at best a prime example of gross indulgence. What can I say? I was born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eye.

9 Comments:

  • Really? Okay. But it is certainly no Custom Deluxe.

    I think Heaven will be too sweet to worry about the truck you drive. Heck, I wouldn't mind riding a flying turd through the gates... or a Tinky TA. Same thing.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 3/27/2008 8:21 AM  

  • Jesus rolls in a Chevy Avalance LTZ. I couldn't afford the LTZ. That's why I got the LT2.

    Just like in golf, it's not how you drive, but how you arrive.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 3/27/2008 9:24 AM  

  • Shotgun on any fishing trips?

    I will always remember the avalanche that was totaled at Rose-Hulman by a guy going 65 into a parking lot totaling 2 more vehicles and damaging 7 others.

    By Blogger Torok, at 3/27/2008 6:02 PM  

  • I guess one could call it a battle wagon. It will be hard to ride shotgun with me...unless you first fly to Raleigh, NC. Yes, I must say we will be moving down there by early summer.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 3/27/2008 7:50 PM  

  • Am I to learn this news via a blog comment?

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 3/27/2008 11:16 PM  

  • Seems that way. Aren't you glad you read my blog?

    But really, we had finally just decided this week. I had mentioned it to you at the baby shower that there was a really good chance of that going down.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 3/28/2008 10:37 AM  

  • I knew it was a possibility, but hadn't heard anything since February. For the record, I'm not at all offended. That would be very Abner-womanly of me.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 3/28/2008 2:09 PM  

  • "Abner-womanly of me"...that is the funniest line I have heard this week. Anyway, Mom knew. I thought she might have told you. But, I have determined that she has lip lock--a very good thing.

    I'll give you a call this afternoon.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 3/28/2008 2:33 PM  

  • I guess the new set of wheels will help in the move. And yes, I'm busy that week.

    By Blogger Torok, at 3/29/2008 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home