All I know is...

11.16.2008

Got Beef?

Yep. That's right. I haven't blogged in a while. I apologize. That is something I have been redundant at when it comes to these blogs. Another redundancy is me saying that I have been busy, which in this case is entirely accurate. This blog is going to be "I have beef" blog.

I have a beef with people who say they are a fan of one team when they show up to watch football wearing a jersey of another team who conviently is not playing that day. Don't be that guy. Today, I was watching football at the local wing joint. There was a dude there who is a notorious Jets' fan who showed up wearing a Giant's jersey. He was questioning the Ravens and their ability as a football team to my buddy Mike, who is a Ravens fan. Normally, I am neutral when it comes to banter between fans of opposing teams, but at this point I had enough of the ballyhoo. I asked this Jets/Giants fan if he was talking smack about the Ravens and giving beef to my buddy because he had no excuse for his team (the Jets) sucking. He said he was pro-choice and he meant that anyone was free to root for any team one wanted to root for, bitch. (The "bitch" is because I didn't want to end a sentence with a preposition.)

You guys know me. I think it is a sin for a fan of one team to root for another team just because your team isn't playing them. I.E., I don't root for Louisville just because Kentucky isn't playing them. Louisville sucks. I love the University of Kentucky. If Louisville, North Carolina, Duke, or any other team is playing, I want them all to lose, regardless. This is because I am a Kentucky fan. Period. I think it is okay to have a #2 team as long as it doesn't interfere with your team. My number two is West Virginia University. If at any time West Virginia comes into contention with UK, I say, "WVU who?"

You get my point? Okay. Let's move on.

Yeah, I've been busy. I had the priviledge of going to one of my top-five-weddings-ever a couple of weeks ago. This was my bother Joel's wedding in Arizona. It was an awesome time. You should have been there. I learned a lot about the culture there. All I will say is Nopalitos (prickly pears) and Saguaros. If you don't know, ask somebody. I have plenty of pics to prove the great time. I wish the best to the happily married couple. How about a gritos?

Our house constuction is under way. It will be a pretty tight crib. As soon as there enough construction done for some worth-while pics. I will post them. But, take it from me, we will have room for all if you guys ever want to take trip down to Raleigh to see us. Our tenative closing date is February 19. We look forward to having you.

What about UK getting beat by VMI on Friday? UK had a great comeback in the second half. It just sucks that Jodie Meeks is the only player with heart on the team. I have come to the opinion that Billy Gillispie is a great recruiter, but he is not a good in-game coach. He is pretty much the opposite of Tubby Smith. Tubby was a good in-game coach, but not a recruiter. Billy can bring in the players, but he doesn't know what to do with them once his team is in the game. This really disappoints me because I just shelled out a bunch of clams to get sixth row tickets on the baseline for the UK/UNC for this Tuesday's game at the Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill. I think UK will bring a game to Chapel Hill. I just hope it is enough for a good showing.

Well, that is all I have for now. I hope for more to tell you about later. Until then, I guess I will just have to leave you hanging. Until then...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Glad to see you back in action. Miss you, brother.

    I think we'll be in N.C. about the time you're closing on the house. I hope that doesn't complicate a visit.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 11/16/2008 8:57 PM  

  • I have yet to be able to watch Kentucky play, but it appears they need a point guard. Porter is horrible and should have played football. Losing Jasper was harsh for this year just because we need someone who can handle the ball. Billy G's history has been improving point guards though, so maybe....

    By Blogger Torok, at 11/17/2008 11:36 AM  

  • Chase, it's too bad that we won't see you and the rest of your small clan at Thanksgiving. I don't think the closing should interfere with anything. Do you know exactly when you will be down here?

    John, Porter is as bad as he was last year. Jasper sucked too. He never was a PG in my books. A swingman/2G if anything. He dribbled up to his shoulder. But, in the end, he would be better than Porter.

    You guys look for me tomorrow night on ESPN's late college game. I should be on TV. Me and my buddy, David, will probably be the only UK blue you see in the lower arena.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 11/17/2008 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home