All I know is...

8.10.2005

August and everything after...

Hello again. Doesn't that title say an entire mouthful? This time of year seems so busy to me. Everyone is gearing up for the upcoming school year. A lot of Ohioans (grrrrr!) showing back up to move in for the fall semester at UK. (Word of note--When I ran the spell checker on this article, when it came across "Ohioans", it refered the word "heinous". Quite fitting, don't you think?) Lexington is full with out of towners from all around the state coming to the "big city" to cash in on the back to school sales going on all over town. Kids are picking out the freshest Trapper Keepers. Oh wait, sorry, I don't think they use those anymore, do they? Anyway, there is an extreme amount of hustle and bustle. I think August 1 should be the New Years Day title holder.

*Newflash*
I did not sink the boat. Repeat. I did not sink the boat.
*Thank you. That is all*

I actually left a pair of jeans and a t-shirt in the bathroom at Belterra. But, I had a great time. I lived a true-to-life Seinfeld moment in the midst of checking in the resort. First, I am going to ask you to recall the time when Jerry had reserved a mid-sized sedan for rental. When he arrived, only compact cars were available. You see, I had reserved a non-smoking, one king-sized bedroom. The attendant at the desk informed me that the only non-smoking rooms available were the double queens. I protested simply saying I had reserved the king. The attendant replied that they didn't guarantee room type, they only guarantee that you have a room. Jerry Seinfeld said (and forgive me if I misquote), "You are good at taking the reservation, you just aren't good at keeping the reservation."

Needless to say, Beth told me not to argue with the guy. It would destroy my karma, which it did. Beth won a hundred and I lost seventy. Boo! I had a great time anyway.

I was told this morning that I may have to travel to Houston at the end of this month for work. I am not looking forward to it, whereas my birthday is on the Wednesday I will be out of town. I was told a couple of weeks ago that this trip was going to be postponed. Now that I have made plans, I was told earlier today the trip is possibly back on the schedule. Someone is plotting against me.

Oh well, Beth is out of town the latter part of this week until Sunday. So, it goes without saying...
Shindig. My house. Friday night. BYOB. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home