All I know is...

8.22.2005

Birthday Month

If you weren't at Island Pond on 8-12, you missed a pretty serious par-tay. I told you Beth + Out of Town = Bash-ola! It wasn't anything too wild, but we had some serious fun. One of these days I am going to get a digital camera so I can take some pics and post them for you. Otherwise, I will just have to paint vivid images of said events. There were around 15 of us gathered for beer, burgers, and cornhole. I only won at burgers--I ate at least three. And I knew it was a good time because when I woke up at 12:30 and walked through the house, messtacular! It took me a while to clean it all up. But, all in all, it was worth the effort.

My family reunion is this coming weekend. I am really looking forward to it. I am in a bit of a pickle, however. I was supposed to go to my fiance's parent this weekend in the Charleston, W. Va. area, but I forgot to tell Beth that my family was to be converging on Lex-town this weekend. So, she scheduled the trip without knowing or me telling her, which really blows. They were also going to throw an early birthday party for me (August 31 is the magical day). SUCK! This means once again, I will be home alone this weekend and Beth will be out of town. Whoa!! Stop the presses. Hark!! The equation from the first paragraph ringeth!!

I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with her parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece. Its different from my family, but different in a great way. On weekends at my family's house, we watch golf or old country music videos. At Beth's parents' house, we watch NASCAR races and Jimmy Neutron (don't ask)-remember, Beth has a niece. It's fun experiencing things that you didn't ever do with your family. I find myself at home on Sunday afternoons watching NASCAR and ENJOYING it. I will miss seeing them this weekend, for sure.

I think for my birthday celebration, a few of us are going over to The Red Mile for an evening of harness races and related activities the following Saturday. I think it will be a good time. There is nothing like the seediness of harness racing to celebrate your birthday. Maybe they will let me bet on who will finish dead last. I am really good at picking those horses.

Twenty-seven is a ripe old age-a good age to be married, so they say.....sorry, I can't back that up with any references. I will feed my faithful with some news after my birthday. I bid you a fond "Good evening." (pretend that sounded like Alfred Hitchcock) Catch you on the flip!!! Oh yeah, spatters to Alisha "Toe Socks" for the real blog entry. As you say, "Hizzah!"

2 Comments:

  • Hizzah, indeed... and acutally, I haven't worn toe socks in years. They wear out pretty quickly.

    So this fun you had... was it serious fun as opposed to silly fun? "Spatters" right back at ya.

    I don't know what the arrangements are for this weekend. I don't even know when we're heading back to good ol' KY. What I do know is that I'm ready for some delicious Abner food!

    By Blogger Alisha, at 8/23/2005 12:39 PM  

  • You are coming to the right place for it. For sure. And no, it was serious fun. Seriously. HAve Chase give me a yell!

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 8/24/2005 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home