All I know is...

10.13.2005

Exacta? No matter! Trifecta? You betya!

Hey, Folks! Long time no see. I apologize about getting a post in lately. I have been rather busy at work and at home. My co-worker, who shares the same job title, has been out on vacation all week. Being the excellent co-worker I am, I have been doing his work for him as well as mine. Around home, I have been extremely busy racing on the "Breeder's Cup-World Thoroughbred Championships" videa (Hank Hill pronunciation) game. Yeah, I finally got the game! It is really cool and hard. After first playing the game, I thought it would be easy to beat, as I won my first few races easily. The further I progressed into the game, the more difficult it became to just finish in the money. But, I like the challenge and it keeps me out of B-Dubs.

Also keeping me busy----KEENELAND!!! I finally got to put my "handicapping" cap back on my noggin. I went to the races last Saturday and had a really good time. **Note that I didn't say I won a ton of cash. I got off to a bad start the first race. As the race finished, I had won my tri-part-wheel bet, but after a jockey's inquiry, it was overturned. The decision kicked the place horse to fourth, moved the show horse to place, and the fourth place horse to show. This cost me around $200. Phooey!!! I should have went home right then, recognizing my mojo was destroyed. But, NOOOOOO, what did I do? Yep, I ain't no rooty poo! I rode it out and I only turned in one ticket the rest of the day. I went two across on a Robby Albarado smoker in the fourth that paid $8.80, $4.60, and $3.00. Not too bad, but this Sunday, I'll do better.

You guys ready for the cold weather? Me neither. I hope it stays 70 degrees for the rest of the year. Fall is good.

Anybody have any good ideas about a limo for the wedding? Beth hasn't told me whether or not the wedding party was riding with us from the church to the reception. If everyone is riding, I'm thinking a stretch Hummer, if not, Rolls Royce. Ya with me? And speaking of wedding stuff, my bachelor's get-together(not a party) will be in a couple of weeks (Oct. 29th)--Breeder's Cup day to be exact. I am feeling a morning of playing the ponies followed up by a cook-out and watching UK's football game that evening(if televised). Sounds like a good time to me.

I went to visit my cousin Jarrod and his wife Carie yesterday. It was pretty exciting because I was able to see their little girl for the first time in person. She was teeny, wiggly, and gassy. All three endearing qualities I would look for in a junior. She is a beautiful baby, nonetheless. Congratulations and my pleasure to meet you Mary Daniel!

Well, everyone take care now. When the midgets come home to roost, it's too late to whitewash the walls. .....and I'm spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home