All I know is...

10.24.2005

Frost, Hoops, and Hooves

Brrrrr!!! It was pretty darn cold this morning. I am not quite sure what was on my car's windshield this morning. At first I thought it was covered in frost, but when I looked a little closer, it was frozen rain. So, I was a little later getting into work. Dang!! I am not ready for this cold weather to set in. What happened to the sunny, 70 degree fall days? I guess we have been left holding the bag.

I am getting super pumped about the upcoming Kentucky Wildcat basketball season. I wish I could have seen Midnight Madness, but I was at a charity poker party. I heard good things. Our season tickets came in the mail this week. They do not look as cool as they did last year. However, just knowing that I have a seat in-house for every home game makes it all right. I get to see all the home SEC games this year, plus the Louisville game, but I will be missing the North Carolina game due to the honeymoon. Sorry folks, they are already sold. The High Point and Georgia State tickets are still available, if I have any takers.

My bachelor get-together is going down this weekend. I am getting pretty excited about the big day. The wedding, Doofus. The bachelor affair is telling me how close and quickly it is arriving. It will be 33 days after today. It seemed like it was three months away just last week. My days are numbered. Ha! Ha! I down with it, though. I am very curious and anxious as to what it will be like on the cusp of the time we pledge our lives and love. If you guys have any advice for me to ease my anxiety and nervousness, please feel free. Any bit would help. And I am not asking this because I am about to freak out or anything of the sort, but just in case the time comes that I am freaking, I will know how to adjust.

Also, any tips for The Breeder's Cup? My favorite for the Classic, Rock Hard Ten, came up with a bruised hoof after his last work. But, he is still galloping and is scheduled to ship out to Belmont on Wednesday. Richard Mandella is a great trainer, and I will expect nothing but the very best of him and big "Ten". A long shot pick of mine in the BC Sprint, Nick Zito trained High Fly(Florida Derby winner), has dropped out. Bummer, huh. Probably wouldn't have been a match for Lost in the Fog anyways.

Get on down to Lexy this weekend and we'll play some ponies and throw some cards, darts, corn hole, etc.

"For those about to rock, HUH, we salute you!"-some great long-haired dude.

"What about those of us who are already in the process of rocking?"-Me.

"You have already been saluted. Duh!!!" -Beth

2 Comments:

  • Speaking of rockin'... about how far is it to the top if you want to rock n' roll?

    Also... When is the Georgia game? And how many doll hairs would one need to drop to get access to said event?

    Marriage advice to qualm the nervousness? I'll post something within the next couple of weeks.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 10/24/2005 3:14 PM  

  • I'm not sure how far it is to the top if you want to rock and roll, but I do know it is a long way to the top if you want another beer.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 10/25/2005 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home