All I know is...

12.07.2005

...And Then It Was Done.

The union joined and the journey initiated. That says the long and short of it. It has now been a week and four days since I have endured the rite of passage we call a "wedding". Do I feel the same? Yes, very much so. And no, not at all. Will this experience change me? Time will tell, but I hope so. The woman I married will hopefully take me on a dynamic expedition of learning. She will help me to mold my life so that it's not my life anymore, but ours. She will prepare me for the unpreparable. That's right, Beth, I've got big expectations for you as well as myself.

Everything was perfect, so I've been told. To me, the wedding, the reception, and the honeymoon was nothing but a blur. I have been to a foreign land and back, but it seems like only minutes have passed. I sincerely hope this is not the way the rest of my life, wait, correction, our life will be. I am in the midst of something I really wish to cling to for eternity and a day.

However, it seems as if I am trying to lasso a G-Dub created hurricane. Slow down the unstoppable force, if you will.

I would have really enjoyed to bring you guys some pictures from our honeymoon, but I am still living in the pre-historic age and only took photos with disposable cameras. Maybe Mr. or Mrs. Relevant can link up some photos of the wedding and reception? If not, that's okay.

"No pressure, Mon!"

This phrase was uttered over a thousand times to Beth and I while in St. Lucia. Translated to the Midwestern U.S. English, it means "You've got it!" An example of this would be:
Bartender: "What you be a' drinkin', Mon?"
Me: "I would like a Pedro Collins, please."
Bartender: "Fo de fine missus?"
Beth: "A Dirty Banana, please."
Bartender: "No pressure, Mon!"

There is a semi-active volcano on the island. We were able to walk inside it. I have pictures, no, not digital pictures. The pressure from the gases and heat below escape in the form of sulfur dioxide laden steam. Yes, it is incredibly smelly. You know, like Jackson's finest. The sulfur dioxide smell is evidence there is no pressure build up from the gas and heat below. Therefore, "No pressure, no problem." As this has been shortened to "No pressure!"

There, you have learned something.

Educational website like mine should win an award.

5 Comments:

  • Whereas this blog has unselfishly shared vital information regarding the lingual colloquialisms of St. Lucia and taught readers about the geological workings of an active volcano, I hereby nominate "Island Pond Views" for the William T. Gates Educational Blog of the Millenium Award.

    We have a few wedding pics that we'll try to throw up sometime soon. Glad to hear your back safe and sound. I need to give you a ring shortly.

    Good stuff about "my life" becoming "ours." That's so true in marriage. The amazing thing is that our lives aren't even ours to begin with. As John the Baptist said, "A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven." And if time is money, we're definitely borrowing.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 12/08/2005 11:40 AM  

  • Indeed, Kenny! (MXC reference from Vic Romano) I ethusiastically accept the nomination for the Blog Gate Bill Millenium T-Bag Education Award and I ever so anticipate the award ceremony.
    Life is a gift, so let's not treat it like the Chuck Jackson '87 Topps baseball card. We got to cherish it. You know, treat it more like a '89 Fleer Dante Bichette.

    P.S. How did you like the preacher? I have been thinking about checking out his church in a couple of Sundays.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 12/08/2005 1:45 PM  

  • Dante is a dand-ay. The preacher was an incredibly nice guy and I would love to check out his church if I were living in the area. I'd like to know more about what he/the church believes about doctrinal stuff. That's much more important than his personality when it comes to finding a church to attend.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 12/08/2005 5:14 PM  

  • I was just saying I thought he was a pretty cool cat, worthy of checking his joint out. I am not signing onto his belief wagon at this time.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 12/09/2005 9:28 AM  

  • For sure. He was indeed a cool cat.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 12/09/2005 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home