All I know is...

4.06.2006

Busy As a Biz-zee, Part II

I have become one of those. As of Tuesday, when my phone rings, I hear “Looks That Kill” by Motley Crue. It sounds pretty good, if you are into the whole Crue-Nation thing. Dang Beth! It’s all her fault. But if you see me rocking while holding a cell phone, you’ll know why.

This past weekend was a very busy time and we also got a lot accomplished. I test-drove a 2007 Toyota Camry and test-rode an Avalon. We went to the home and garden show at Heritage Hall. We scheduled an estimate for a sunroom to be built on the back of our house. I mowed my grass for the first time this year. It definitely looks better.

Beth and I got to work on the flowerbed in the front of our house. The first few years in our house, the flowerbed was self-maintaining. This year it had finally gotten out of hand. We pulled and dug out the weeds and old mulch. We laid down new mulch and planted a few new flowers (marigolds and gladiolas). Shame on me for letting a honeysuckle bush get waist-high before doing anything about it. For those not familiar, the roots are twice as massive as what you see above ground. I also planted a yellow poplar in the backyard. I hope it grows pretty fast.

Keeneland’s Opening Day is tomorrow and guess who’ll be there! No, me, you silly bird! Beth’s friend Jennifer is coming to stay with us this weekend so she will make the Keeneland trip. And I’m sure a few other friends from work will be there, as well. I hope we won’t get wet. The forecast isn’t the greatest, but it will be warm. Tolly Ho, beetches!

Chase, sorry we couldn’t make it over to the Lou to see you guys. I got a little busy. That’s what I get for putting stuff off. Lesson learned. Joel, from what I saw a couple of weekends ago in Frankfort, you can still ball. You are the Ice Man (teeth chomp!).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Sorry we missed you all, too. Hopefully we can make a connection soon. We're pretty busy for the next month. We're gonna be moving to a new place soon. Maybe you can come visit us when we've moved.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 4/12/2006 4:03 PM  

  • It's not even mid-2006, how can 2007 cars already be out?!? It's like stores putting out the Christmas decor in September...

    By Blogger Alisha, at 4/13/2006 3:17 PM  

  • I got this time machine off the internet. You sit down in a chair and put this metal T-bar between your legs. Then, you have Kip plug it in.....

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 4/14/2006 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home