All I know is...

1.27.2006

Are They Trying to Get Us Sanctioned?

What the hell's going on? Man, I ain't seen you guys in a long time. I think the last time I talked to you Kentucky was facing South Carolina at home and I called Randolph Morris out for being solid and consistent. Well....didn't I jinx that all to hell? That's okay. Kentucky won the South Carolina game at home and the Tuesday night game at Auburn. Are they on the up and up? Good question.

I have become complaisant for UK being just a mediocre to good team. Twenty wins and ten losses aren't so bad, right? I think maybe we just get so used to something going the way we expect it to. Then, all of a sudden things aren't so great. It's like jumping into a pool of ice water or more like being pushed into a pool of ice water. We get angry when we only have good when we are used to great. (I'll leave this open for Mr. Relevant to relate a good message from this.) What if we were Canisus or Miami of Ohio fans (Yes, that was a burn to T. Vero.) Bad would be acceptable and mediocrity would be outstanding. You would never be disappointed after a loss because you think the team sucks. After a win, you are estatic. What do you think?

There was an article today in the sports section of the Lexington Herald Leader about Rajon Rondo driving around a $50,000 2005 Yukon Denali. Why, blatantly, bring attention to this? The article further explains that the vehicle checks out, as it belongs to former UK basketball player Derek Anderson. This being the same Derek Anderson from the UK 1996 NCAA Championship team. Apparently, DA and RR were homies from back when Rondo was still at Oak Hill Academy and buddies with DA's teenage son(?), subsequently named Derek Anderson, now, a senior at Oak Hill Academy. Strange. But, the whole Denali thing checks out since DA and RR were friends before RR became a Division I prospect.

My question, rhetoric as it may be, is why shoot up flares in the night sky? CorRUPPt Arena strikes again. The only similarity shared by Rondo's vehicle and the vehicle I drove in college is the color white. In the article was a picture of him getting out of the vehicle carrying an Arby's bag. Damn, that stuff is expensive. When I was in college, I had to eat off of the 99 cent value menu at Wendy's and order a water to drink. Also, I live in Lexington and had no clue Rondo drove around in a big white 2005 Yukon Denali. Now, I will keep my eyes out for it.

"Rondo, give me yo autograph!"

"LET"S GOOOO, RONDOOOOOO!!!!" --some big blonde haired girl whose season tickets are beside ours. She just so happens to be the loudest person in Rupp Arena and yells pretty much the same three things over and over and over and over and over all game long. Hooray for me.

1) The previously mentioned statement.
2) "MOVE THE BALLLL!!!"
3) "C'MON PATRICK!!!"


*Funny story alert*

I was in the analytical lab today at work checking some documentation. The lab's telephone started ringing. A girl who was walking out of the room at that moment said, "Huh, that's strange." Then, she just kept on walking. The people I work with....

What in the hell is so strange about the telephone ringing at work? This made me wonder if she is really an alien. No doubt.

"I'm a hellar fellar! If you don't believe me, just ask me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home