All I know is...

1.20.2006

Where There is Smoke, There's Fire

Someone, anyone, please reassure me that today is Friday. This has been the longest week and today has been the longest day. People at work seem to save all their work for me until Thursday or Friday. This means, of course, I am busier than usual both of these days. Little do they know, I am not performing at 100% on Friday afternoon. My brain is a little mushy from the earlier part of the week. GOT ANY CHEESE?!?! Yep, that's how I feel. My quick cure? Buffalo Wild Wings. If they had couches there, I could live there. Wings, beer, big screen TV's, video games, bathrooms. The only thing stopping me is the bathroom sans shower. I guess I could take a whore's bath, you know, tops and tails.

Kentucky rebounded a little from their Saturday loss from Alabama. They seemed to handle Georgia fairly easily once they got going in the second half. Morris is here folks and he is solid. Thank goodness. He's averaging 14.3 points and six rebounds a game since returning. Damn!! Just think....he is out playing UK's three 7 footers combined. Sad.

I am looking forward to this Saturday's game against South Carolina. They beat Vandy this week and you know what Vandy did to us. This game will be a tell-tale sign of what will become of our beloved Wildcats.

The fatter of my two fat cats took a dump the other night while I was half asleep and Beth was watching the 11 o'clock news. She asked me if I smelled something burning. My nose was a little stuffed up, so yes, it did smell like something burning. I walked downstairs to check it out. The burners on the stove all were off. I walked to the laundry room where our furnace is, flipped on the light and then immediately flipped out. There were man-sized turds (about 6 inches long, big around as a fifty cent piece with little dingleberries on each side)in the floor of the laundry room. I spun a round really quick to see if someone in the house. No man was there, but around the corner popped Chloe.

"Meow."

If she were a dude, I would have beeeeaat that ass! She crapped in the floor a foot from the litter box. A foot! I gave her a good cussin'. I knew it was her because Zoe was asleep in the floor at the foot of our bed when I walked downstairs. Bad cat.

Beth cleaned it up, thankfully. Needless to say, Chloe is on my shit list and I on her's.

2 Comments:

  • This story does nothing for my recent shift towards being a dog fan. Teeftastic and his wife just got a Weimeraner (sp?) pup and it is pretty cool.

    Also, let me be the first to hypothesize that the problems for the Cats this season are a direct result of a new curse brought on by the film "Glory Road."

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 1/21/2006 11:29 AM  

  • The "Glory Road" curse, heh? That is a plausible explanation. Screw Hollywood. They make it seem like Don Haskins went from coaching high school girls directly to a NCAA championship team. He was Texas Western for five years before the championship run. When he started coaching there, he inherited three black players on his roster, so he didn't go out and recruit them all. It also shows people in the stands rooting for Kentucky waving confederate flags?!?!? Check out www.firetubbysmith.com. There are some hardcore exchanges on that site.

    Maybe I am jaded simply because I grew up in Kentucky (been a Big Blue fan since I can remember), but where is the corruption that everyone speaks of by saying CorRUPPt Arena? Eddie Sutton, yes. Since, no. Randolph Morris doesn't count because after his freshman year at UK, no one was more disillusioned than him concerning his NBA apptitude.

    As far as getting a Weimeraner goes, it will be a puppy for at least three years. They are the most energetic (idiotic) dogs available, but they are definitely good looking dogs. Shelby X 10=Weimeraner

    I think you should get a Saluki, really. I think they are good looking dogs, as well.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 1/24/2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home