All I know is...

4.20.2006

Sun King and TL's

“Rock and roll, rock and roll! I’m the king of rock and roll”
-Daniel Lioneye

That’s right. You heard me. Not original? True. Bam Margera is such a douche bag, but he does have one of the best intro songs ever on Viva La Bam. Dude, what a time it has been for the past couple of weeks. This time is flying by. I think it will be the month of May in 10 days? Ridiculous.

Where to begin?

Yard work. I had to do some backbreaking work on Thursday of last week. An area of ground 10 feet by 5 feet on one side of our house had subsided next to the foundation. I had to cut the sod up to preserve the grass, fill in the subsidence with a truckload of dirt, thanks to my neighbor Don, and finally, replace the sod. Fortunately, my partner in crime, the master of jurisprudence, Brandon, helped me out with the labor. This dropped the task hours from 5 hours solo, to 3 hours. BP, I owe you some cold beers.

Keeneland. Yes, this time I did better. I bet a total of $81 and won $109 and change. And no booze was involved in the earning of cash. Matter of fact, I haven’t drank any cold beer at Keeneland since last spring. It, obviously, clouds my judgment when handicapping the ponies. Anyway, a little trifecta and a huge exacta hit for me in seventh and eighth races (check the results for April 15th). God bless Sun King—the little Zito horse that could, then couldn’t, then could, again.

Easter. The Day of Resurrection was great at Mom and Dad’s. I grilled burgers, BBQ chicken, and smokies. Mom made the fixin’s. The grilled items were okay, but the weather was par and the company was nice. It was great day…..to be forgiven.

New Car Day. Whhhhaaaaaaaaaat? Yes, you heard me correctly, New Car Day. Somebody I live with, without naming names, bought a new car on Wednesday. You-know-who bought a 2006 Acura TL. Let’s just say this is one sexy hot rod. It’s black with black leather interior and navigation. I will finally get to rest Peanut’s heals a little.

Winding down, now. Yeah, I’m going back to Keeneland this Saturday. What? I have to go and cash my tickets. And make a few bets on the Lexington Coolmore Stakes. The in-laws are coming to Lexington this weekend. It should be a cool time.

Keeneland Tip #253: If you ever see Garret Gomez riding at Keeneland, you should at least put $20 to place on the horse he is riding.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home