All I know is...

6.26.2006

Jess Tried To Call, But All He Got Was A Busy Signal

"I've seen your face a hundred times,
Everyday we've been apart
I don't care about the sunshine, yeah.
'Cause Mama, Mama, I'm coming home.
I'm coming home."
-O. Osbourne

And home I did go this past weekend. I started the visit off with a round of golf with Dad at Sugar Camp Golf Club. This course is a pleasant little surprise off the shoulder of Route 30 East in Noctor. I really enjoyed the course and look forward to the next time I get to play there. I didn’t play exceptionally well, but I managed to hit a few “golf shots”.

I saw a couple of friends from high school that I hadn’t seen in a while. They were the same as they were the last time I saw them. Dad and I were on the sixth green and I heard someone booming across the course, “Heeeyyyyy, Randaallllllll! Woooooooooo!” It was none other than Doug Moore. Classic. And yes, he was lit up like Christmas. Good times.

After the golf, Mom had dinner made and it was nothing less than off the chain. The menu consisted of fried chicken, potato salad, green beans, corn bread, and fried apples. Are you hungry now? After dinner, the cornhole boards were brought out and I proceeded to hand out the arse-whippings on Lost Creek. I don’t think I ever lost a game, but I think I lost a pint of blood to the mosquitoes.

From there, the shindig went to Jess’s garage. Jess, Neal, Mark and myself found us some sit-downs amid the car parts. The conversations are a blur, but I am sure they were full of insight and deep meaning. Mark punked out on us and ditched us for some chicks. Honestly, I can’t say that I would blame him. A single man hanging out with a bunch of hairy legs or single man hanging out with chicks? I guess there really wasn’t a decision to make.

On Saturday, my cousin Ryan and his fiancée, Amanda, were married at Riverside. It was a nice ceremony. Congratulations, you guys. Mom and Laura were crying all over us, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle and David Peden stayed solid, because that's his style. I saw a few family members and friends I hadn’t seen in a while. It was great to catch up with them. Being at Riverside brought back some great memories of my youth spent there on the campus at the “Light in the Hills” during the Fourth of July. Softball and foot races, you can’t beat them, unless, of course, you have a sno-cone.

Last weekend I got into Churchill Downs’ pocket. Beth, my buddy Sam, and I went to the track in the ‘Ville for the Stephen Foster Grade I Handicap. There were several good races on the card and I felt this was a day that I couldn’t have passed up. I cashed a couple of trifecta tickets and when all was said and done, I was up around $40. Not too shabby!

Beth is in Columbus on business this week until Wednesday. So, I guess, the cats and I will hold down Island Pond until her return. Maybe, I should hold down her car for her until she gets back. I’m sure she won’t mind. *Wink Wink*

“Hasta manana, amigos!”

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home