All I know is...

5.25.2006

DK Slayin' Em with the Magical Sewed-On Winky

After taking two days off of work at the beginning of the week, the weekend is already knocking on the door. And you are darn tootin’ I’m going to let it in. Memorial Day weekend means a three day weekend for me and that's allllllright! Maybe, I can hit up a few cookouts this weekend. You guys know how much I’m into cookouts.

The fishing trip was uneventful. It was your run-of-the-mill May fishing trip. There was a little bit of fitching, little bit of goofing, and a little bit of cold beerin’. Joel, how many beers did we drink? A couple a piece? Yeah, that’s about right. Joey Joe and I successfully managed to be the only two people at the Parkview Cabins other than the chronic golfers to not catch fish. But, it was not for lack of trying. We really gave it the old Island Pond try. One night I thought we were going to be eaten by a three-toed, green-eyed wook-a-lar. We heard it coming for us. We quietly reeled our lines in, ran up the bank, and hid in our cabin.

We even tried a little boat fishing. No soup. We threw our arms off with no results. Our catch to cast ratio wasn’t as high as Wild Will’s this time. We saw fish, but we just couldn’t catch them. I might take dynamite for bait next time.

The Preakness really made me sick to my stomach. I just knew Barbaro could be the right nag to win the Triple Crown. It was a really rough for me to see him break down in the opening eighth of the Pimlico dig. He was dying to run that race and had it not been for jockey Edgar Prado, Barbaro would have died running that race. Prado, being the veteran jockey, knew what was best for horse and handled the situation without a blink. I give a tip of my hat to Prado for his quick thinking.

Some good from the Preakness came in the form of an excellent coming out party for the Grade III Withers Stakes winner, Bernardini. I had this lightly raced horse in my “all horses starting with ‘B’” trifecta box. He looked really good coming down the stretch and won going away. I look for some good things to come out of this A.P. Indy colt this fall. You will probably see Bernardini in the 2007 Breeder’s Cup Classic at Churchill Downs.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. If you go to Lost Creek, you will be there in time to get in on some fresh strawberries from the garden. Thanks for dinner and the fresh strawberries Tuesday afternoon, Mom. I’m off to Wing Zone tonight to try some new wings. It’s too bad I have to drive all the way across Lexington to cash in my *20 free wings certificate I won from the Chis Cross show on WLXG 1300 AM. Hasta luegos, chevatos!

*The question was, "Name two of the five female jockeys to ride a horse in the Kentucky Derby."

Anyone want to give it a try?

Yes the title of the post was very vague, but if you call me I will explain.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I went bank fishing on Saturday and caught more fish than I have in the past two years at Cherokee. Only one to mention though... 15" large mouth... too bad I was on a refuge pond where the limit is 21" for bass. Crap!

    I'm guessing David Kyle was up to no good. You can let me hear the story next time we talk. We'll be in Lexington next Friday.

    Oh yeah... you must acquit. It was a murder trial, by the way. I didn't get picked though.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 5/25/2006 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home