All I know is...

9.19.2006

Ken Towery's, Sugar Camp... and a UK Win?

I went on Wednesday of last week to get my tires rotated at the same shop I had purchased them—free rotation, holla! Well, whenever these fine individuals put the wheels back on my ride, they cross-threaded one of the lugs on its stud. On Wednesday, when they were taking the wheel off to do the rotation, they couldn’t get the lug off and the stud finally broke. I happened to be watching when this occurred. I knew exactly what had happened. This was the exchange between the grease monkey and his supervisor:

Supervisor: “What’d ya do, break da stud?!?
GM: “Whoever put these wheels on last cross-threaded the lug!"
Super: “It was us you idiot!"

They did not have the stud on hand to fix it. Another one of the grease monkeys said they had the part at Paul Miller Mazda just down the road. They said to come back on Saturday and they would fix it. I left there hellar pissed, because this had happened there before. Not their fault that time, but it was this time. So, I talked my buddy Douglas Fresh into following me over their Saturday morning to pick me up and we would go eat breakfast somewhere while they worked on it. Five minutes after we had sat down in Perkins, my phone rang. It was the store manager telling me they didn’t have the right stud from Mazda there to fix my car and they would have to order the part. PISSED. AGAIN. So, I guess I will see them this Saturday.

Dang! Can you believe UK won this week? Nice win. But, they are just playing with my emotions, I feel. They play Florida at the Swamp this weekend. Just put 24 points on the board and I’ll be happy.

Yeah, Joel, I made your ribs this weekend. They weren’t too shabby. I have problems with my grill, though. When I have my hickory chips smoke packet on the burner and my ribs on the top level overtop the smoke packet, the fat drips off the ribs onto the smoke packet and starts a fire. The flames tend to overcook the underside of the ribs producing a tougher underside of the meat. Due to this and the urging from Jonathan, I think sometime this fall I will buy a smoker. I have seen a few nice ones over at Lowe’s. Just think, beer can chickens, smoked pork loins, London broils, and ribs. Oh yeah, good as done.

I dropped the ribs on the grizzle to cook for my in-laws on Saturday. They came down so Dennis could drop Jo-Anne off so she and Beth could fly to Minneapolis. They made it to Minneapolis okay and are due back tomorrow afternoon. The Mall of America was their destination. Yeah, I don’t get it either. But, from updates, it appears they are having a great time and that’s what matters.

Dennis and I went to eat breakfast at Bob Evans. It was good just like it used to be. Me and my Freedom Toast (you like that…just like Freedom fries?). Dennis left around 10 a.m. to go back to W.Va. So, I got cleaned up and rolled to Jackson to play golf with Dad, a.k.a. Randall-El, at Sugar Camp. We had a really good time. We played a couple of scrambles with the natives. We even got in a $5 game of hold ‘em between the rounds. That David Kyle always calls anything I ever bet when we play a $5 game, maybe to show his dominance or poker prowess, win or lose. But, everytime I go all in, he always pancakes me. The hold ‘em spirits are against me I guess. That’s okay. I always crush him when we play “A Day At The Track Mode” on Road To The Breeder’s Cup on XBOX. Give me a shout. I’m out.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • Top Ten Rejected Names for Sugar Camp Country Club:

    Rousseau Rabbit Run
    Mike Holcomb Athletic Complex: Golf Division
    South Pleasant Valley Country Club
    Not Meadows
    That Course We Built To Make Pammy Sue Lonely
    The Golfin' Most (think Kevin Davidson)
    450-Yard Club
    David Willis International Mulligan Club
    The Honey Course-tival

    and finally...

    Noctor Holler Goat Ranch

    Please add some that are actually funny... it's been a long day.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 9/19/2006 6:19 PM  

  • So We Can Show Them What Mountain Golf is All About Course--home of the We-Hunt, Randall El, and Junior Invitational

    Breathitt County Worm Burner Assoc.

    Gas Saver C.C.

    Meat Scaffold Resort

    Lambric Landfill Country Club

    Southfork Links

    Sorry I don't have anything.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 9/20/2006 8:25 AM  

  • I like Meat Scaffold Resort.

    Or maybe simply call it...

    Fotch!

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 9/20/2006 11:34 AM  

  • Oh yeah.... forgot to mention one of my favorite live bands is playing in Lexington on Friday night at some club called Mecca (?). They aren't bluegrass, classic country or Jim Croce, but they are neat-o. If you're bored and are willing to spend $8, then che-ch-che-ch-che-ch-check em out.

    The band is called Anathallo. They're different, but they are one of the most interesting bands to watch perform. There's six or seven in the band and they play guitar, bass and drum kit, but they also have lots of bells and this killer marching bass drums that they beat on.

    Anyway... you can check them out at their myspace.

    By Blogger Chase Abner, at 9/20/2006 11:59 AM  

  • How 'bout:

    Dirty Thirty Golf and More

    Roy's Sword Club

    The Sorriest Course on the way to Sorrysville

    The House Adrian Built (2-time club champ)

    Julian Caroll Golf Course

    By Blogger Alexandria, at 9/20/2006 3:42 PM  

  • Dirtee Thirtee Golf and More gets my vote. What you know bout a 2301? Big-ups!

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 9/20/2006 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home