All I know is...

1.03.2006

Bah Hamburg!

The title of this post sums up my feelings of this past year's holiday season. Bah Hamburg! And yes, I am referring to the Lexington shopping mecca. It really makes me have ill feelings for that time of year. Every out of town SOB that doesn't know how to navigate an automobile goes there to Christmas shop. I was in that area four times from December 7th to December 30th. Everytime I went there, I was nearly T-boned by some idiot from Lincoln County, Carter County, or "insert county you hate most here" County. Why they travel all the way to Lexington to shop at Hamburg is beyond me. It is more overpriced than the mall and to go from store to store, you have to brave the fierce, flatland cold. Idiots!

Thankfully, Hamburg has relieved some of the strain on the Fayette Mall. I could actually find parking places the two times I ventured there. I guess you could say my relief is my misery. It is my misery because I have to drive by it everyday on the way home.

The holidays were great once I got out of the Bluegrassburg region. Great times were had at my in-laws' and my parents' houses. I really missed not being at Lost Creek on Christmas Eve, though. It was really great to visit with my new and old relatives. I got some great gifts-sometimes twice. I hope you had a great one.

I am a little tired of the New Year's Eve hoopla. It is a night of amateurs and I believe I am willing to retire from going out to celebrate the evening. This year we ate dinner at Outback, stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for an hour, and went home before 11:15. I think... no, I know I would rather have been at Elkatawa hanging out with my family. Golf at Southwind Golf Course Sunday morning with Dad, David Willis and Jimmy Lee was pretty cold, but I still managed to freeze out an 82. Not bad for having last played sometime in October.

Nice Sugar Bowl win WVU, even if the commentators at ABC badly wanted you to lose.

"That's a load of crap, man! I swear ta GOD!" --Donny Baker

7 Comments:

  • In some of those drivers' defense, Hamburg is becoming a labyrinth of sorts (minus David Bowie). Of course, that doesn't excuse crappy driving... just crappy navigation.

    By Blogger Alisha, at 1/04/2006 12:46 PM  

  • Oh, and I forgot to call you Bumki...

    By Blogger Alisha, at 1/04/2006 12:48 PM  

  • Dance, Magic, Dance is one of my all time stupid favorite songs I remember from childhood. Excellent. You are right...but just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean you should play bumper cars....or does it? Their problem begins when they turn right beside Logan's Roadhouse instead of going straight to get to HH Gregg.
    --The Great Bumki

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 1/04/2006 3:10 PM  

  • The Great Bumki? Hrmmm... I was thinking more in terms of Bumkikins or Bumkiwumki or possibly Bumkipoo. "The Great Bumki" makes me think of some guy in a turban sitting atop a mountain... or maybe pulling some levers behind a curtain to operate a holographic head.

    By Blogger Alisha, at 1/04/2006 4:39 PM  

  • What do you think I do all day? Besides, the ones you mentioned sound like pet names you and Chase call each other.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 1/05/2006 7:56 AM  

  • Actually, I don't think I have a pet name for Chase... What do I think you do all day? Hrmmm... I would guess work, blog, grill, play that horseracing video game, have a beer, and hang out with your wife.

    I think I could see "The Great Bumki" as a master griller of sorts... possibly on Iron Chef if there were to be a grilling episode.

    By Blogger Alisha, at 1/05/2006 11:33 AM  

  • I like the grill master, but I would spin it a tad into Bumkiashi. That is Iron Chef Island Pond.

    By Blogger J-Delicious, at 1/06/2006 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home