All I know is...

9.27.2006

Fautumn Rules!

My favorite time of year is once again upon us. Fall, autumn, fautumn, schmautumm, whatever you call it, has to be the greatest time of year. The last days of sweltering heat are beyond us as well as the humidity. Finally, those long sleeved shirts, pullovers, and corduroys can be pulled out of the back of the closet. The college football season is in mid-stride and the NFL season is in the early stages of separating the weak from the weaker. Keeneland is only a few days away. With that brings the turning of leaves and the first frost. Grass will slowly become dormant and I will be able to make an attempt to straighten the garage a little better for an attempt to fit my car in the car hole along side of Beth’s car for the winter.

My hair is safe, but now, I am going to have to pay for a haircut. UK played extremely well for the first half of last Saturday’s game. The offense did a great job of keeping the defense off the field. Quarterback AndreWoodson looked pretty good and I tip my hat to Joker Phillips. His somewhat of a recreation of the UK offense seemed to work pretty well against Florida. There weren’t many desperate downfield bombs early in the game. Instead, there was a balanced attack of screens, five-and-outs, and runs that created slow progress and clock management. The defense played okay despite missing a few assignments. The blocked extra point attempt by backup quarterback Curtis Pulley was nice. This week UK has Central Michigan at home.

Beth and I bought tickets for this game. Brandon was excited to hear this so he’d get a chance to tailgate with some people who can tailgate, for once. Just kidding. I don’t tailgate any better than anyone else…maybe harder, but not better. I think, as of today, UK is a six-point favorite for Saturday’s game. It would be great for UK to get another win. I may have predicted a four-win season before, but maybe, UK has a six-win season in them. They must beat Vanderbilt at home and Mississippi State on the road. This is not too much to ask for.

If you guys need me on Saturday, I’ll probably be over in front of UK’s Agricultural Building at the corner of Limestone and Ag Drive. Come see us. I’m sure we will have something cold and in a beer can for you. Finally and confidently, Go Cats!

P.S. For all of my siblings traveling this week, go careful and pack clean drawers. Who Dey!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home